This latest release for [RNG](RNG brings two major features: The ability for anonymous users to register for events. And the ability to create, and associate non-users with events.
RNG is an event management module for Drupal 8 created in the spirit of Entity Registration (Drupal 7) and Signup (Drupal 6). Users can create registrations for events, and event managers can manage these registrations.
Note: This post discusses updates to the RNG project which are available in a beta release. See this issue for how to get RNG 1.3 beta.
The event registration form has been reworked into a re-usable Drupal element, whilst making heavy use of AJAX. The registrant selector now accepts multiple registrants. Registrants can also be modified after the registration is created.
*Associate multiple registrants with a registration.*
*Create new registrants within the registration form.*
*Modify the meta registrant form within the registration form.*
Access control has been reworked to permit anonymous users to register for events.
RNG requires that all registrants for a registration are a Drupal entity. Since anonymous users do not correspond to a user entity, the RNG Contact project provides a way to create non-user registants in a similar fashion to how contacts work on your phone.
See main RNG Contact article: RNG Contact: Anonymous registrants for RNG.
- Registrant entities now have bundles
- Added registrant type configuration entity
- Added control over which identity types can be referenced or created within each event type.
- Added ability to specify minimum and maximum registrants per registration.
- Added an interface to view and add RNG related fields.
- Event settings pages now use the admin theme.
- And many other behind the scene changes.
Cover photo: B&W Crowd by whoohoo120. License CC BY 2.0